1. The label “heretic” should be used with great caution. However, the Bible does establish certain precedents in dealing with the heretical notions of some early Christians. What did John the Revelator do to combat the heresy of his time? What implications does John’s model have for our church today?
2. What are the implications for the church today when it comes to our “particular” message in terms of Christology? Do we have to choose between Jesus and our Adventist identity?
3. How can we learn from John’s example of what happens when we lift Jesus up?
4. What would it look like in the Adventist church, corporately, for the emphasis on Jesus to increase?
5. How should we respond when a particular theology moves dangerously close to heresy?